The document required to travel depends on the destination. Therefore, we suggest you to check on before travelling. 

Carry a valid identity document, your ticket and any luggage with you and keep your documents handy as they will be requested at the boarding gate.

If you any hold airline or airport card (loyalty, frequent flyer, priority), remember to bring it with you to access the dedicated services.

Following the EU Regulation 2017/458 of the European Parliament about the reinforcement of checks in the databases at the external borders, we advise all passengers, departing for the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland and Egypt, who are minors or hold only a non-electronic ID card/passport , to reach the airport in advance in order to proceed to border controls in time.

Passengers aged 14 and over and in possession of an Electronic Passport may use automatic passport controls (E-Gates).


What documents are needed to travel?

When travelling within the national territory, you can use one of the identification documents listed below. We suggest you, in any case, to check with your airline. 
- Identity card
- Passport
- Driving licence

For further, visit the Italian Ministry of the Interior website. 

Schengen Agreement
The Schengen Agreement provides  freedom of movement for all citizens of the member countries, which are currently: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
When travelling to and from non-Schengen countries, one of the following documents is required.
a) Identity card valid for travelling abroad
b) Passport
c) Different travel document specifically recognized by the State of destination.


For further information, visit Italian Police website.

In order to travel to the United States of America, it is mandatory to fill in the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) form online ( ) as part of the Visa Waiver Programme.
To benefit from the Visa Waiver Programme, the following requirements are necessary: 
- travel exclusively for business and/or tourism
- stay in the United States no longer than 90 days
- possess a return ticket

In the absence of even one of the above listed requirements, or if in possession of a different type of passport, you must apply for a Visa.
Failure to leave the U.S. within 90 days will jeopardize the possibility of using the Programme again.
Minors must hold an individual passport to be eligible for the Visa Waiver Programme.

For further information