Making airport and air journey enjoyable and easy for people with disabilities means making the airport experience better for everyone. With this goal, GESAC collaborates with FISH (Italian Federation for Overcoming Handicaps) in the design of airport infrastructures and services, in staff training and in the implementation of procedures aimed at guaranteeing the highest standards of service quality for passengers with disabilities.”
Download Service Guide for passengers with reduced mobility or disabilities
Before your trip
Special assistance should be requested from your selected airline or travel agent when making reservations or at least 48 hours prior to departure. It is important that the airline be provided with detailed information regarding all special needs. Assistance is free and the airline is responsible for informing any involved airports.
The codes listed below are the standards utilized for classifying the various types of disabilities and the related needs:
- BLND, Visually impaired or blind passengers
- WCHR, Passengers who have difficulties in walking long distances but can go up and down the aircraft access stairs and walk without assistance
- WCHS, Passengers who cannot go up and down the aircraft access stairs unaided, but who are able to walk around inside the plane without assistance
- WCHC, Passengers who are completely unable to move, are not self-sufficient aboard and require total assistance.
- DEAF, Passenger who is deaf or hard of hearing
- DPNA, Passenger with intellectual or behavioural disabilities
Travel companions: self-reliant persons with reduced mobility are not required to be accompanied unless there are specific security requirements.
Medical Certificate: in particular cases (which does not apply to those with a long-term disability such as blind or those bound to wheel chairs) the airline might request a medical certificate.
Mobility Aids: passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility are authorised to transport two mobility aids free of charge. Passengers using electric wheelchairs are obliged to notify the airline at least forty-eight hours before the flight.
Assistance dogs: Certified assistance and guide dogs may travel in the cabin provided that the airline has been notified well in advance.
Oxygen on board: passengers requiring oxygen during the flight must notify the airline in advance. The airline may then establish whether the passenger can bring his or her own oxygen.
At the Airport
Entrance to the airport is facilitated by:
- platforms with access ramps
- paths for visually impaired and tactile maps.
- traffic lights with sound indications for the blind
- 45 free dedicated car parking spaces
Terminal is equipped in different areas (Special assistance Lounge, departure extraschengen areas, info desk departures ExtraSchengen) ) with magnetic induction amplification systems, fit to allow full use of the airport informations to passengers with hearing disabilities.
All new airport services are designed and made to ensure the maximum PRM accessibility. Special assistance lounge is available in Departure areas, it is always open during all operational time.
The airport is equipped with lifts and minibuses suitable for transport and embarkation in aircraft.
PRM Assistance is completely free..
Special Assistance Lounge
A Special Assistance Lounge is available, a waiting room dedicated to passengers who require assistance. It is located by check-in counters and on the ground floor of the terminal, departures area after security check points.
Assistance may be requested at:
- Help buttons located at all terminal entrances
- Intercom columns at car park entrances
- Customer service desk located in the arrivals area
- Check-in counter Specialized personnel are available to accompany you from check-in until you board your flight.
A Special Assistance Lounge is available, a waiting room dedicated to passengers who require assistance. It is located on the ground floor of the terminal, departures area.
After landing at Naples airport, you will be greeted by specialized personnel and assisted in disembarking, baggage claim and accompanied to the bus stop, taxi stand, car park or the arrivals area.
For additional information on the services offered to disabled and/or reduced mobility passengers:
Special Assistance Lounge: (+39) 081.7896457 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service: (+39) 081.7896259 or write to email@example.com